We're searching everywhere for a new...
People Partner (Marketing)
“If the reputation of a company’s products and services is its face, the talent brand is its heart and soul” Hank Stringer & Rusty Rueff
Whereabouts: We work from everywhere within CET +/- 7 hours
Interviews: Around 4 hours over a few weeks, including some practical work
Salary: €40,000 - €50,000
Reporting to: Jessica Hayes, our VP People
Ask us anything: email@example.com
Your mission at Whereby*
To drive our People and Talent marketing and brand, improve our communications, and build world-class people products while partnering with our Marketing, Design, and Brand teams to build a world-class tech-enabled culture.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your foucus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 60 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
People at Whereby
We strongly believe that a world-class culture is a competitive advantage. Everyone in the people team plays a role in sharpening that advantage, and thinking of our People Programmes as products we give to our team.
We're building a new kind of people team, T-shaped, tech-enabled, and innovative. We strive to build DE&I into the core (values, performance evaluations, hiring), not just an add-on (workshops, public statements), and we work in a fully distributed, flexible, asynchronous workstyle.
Read a little about what Jessie, our VP People thinks about running a world-class people function: People Ops as a Product 🚀
🔍 What we're looking for in our People Partner (Marketing & Brand)
Let's start with what we're not looking for - we aren't neccessarily looking for someone with a background in people. We're hoping to find someone who has experience as a marketer, designer, social media or brand manager. You'll have an interest in brand, marketing, communications and product management, as well as finding cool hacks to improve candidate and team experiences (always aiming to delight).
You may be just the right person if others have described you as a people person who embodies the below competencies...
- Empathetic and people-centric
- Commercial, with a product mindset
- Data-informed risk-taker
Your previous experience
We are prioritising attitude, aptitude, and the kinds of teams you've built in favour of years' experience. With that said, you may be a good fit if you...
- Work in employer brand, marketing, brand, social media, events, or design,
- Have experience with marketing, product marketing, or conversion optimisation,
- Enjoy working in distributed teams,
- Love working with people, data, and tech in a trinity,
- Proud to say you do things differently; working outwardly and inwardly to do the best you can to delight people you work with,
- Are a really nice person with loads of ambition!
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role
🌟 How we'll measure your success
- Team retention and happiness (we use the RANDs test at the moment).
- People product feedback and efficiency.
- Recruiting quality and successful hires (working with Jess and the team to encourage a diverse approach to what it means to belong at Whereby).
- Shipping new things on our People roadmap (and sometimes seeing them fail!)
- Work with our VP People and VP Marketing to build a Marketing and Brand culture based on results, data-driven discussions, diversity, future-thinking -- all with a growth mindset.
- Support our product-led People strategy by building new People Products, like Employer Branding events, Careers Pages, New Job-Ads, and branding our internal products!
- Contribute to and own the delivery of the HR Marketing roadmap.
- Help to innovate and push the People team in a new direction.
- Work with the People Partner (Tech) to create People and Talent dashboards using our current systems.
- Explore new avenues which has the capacity to reach more candidates, better communicate with our team, and make our People team more efficient (freeing up time for us to work on fun Human and Culture work!)
- Work together with the Marketing and Brand team on developing the Marketing and Brand road map where required, scoping and following up on recruitment, workforce planning, and talent mapping.
- Work with the leaders in the teams to embed a cultural focussed on growth, testing, and reaching our commercial objectives through a focus on simple and brilliant user experience and small iterations.
- Employer branding and recruitment exercises to deepen our team’s Marketing function.
- Work on new products and tools we can use to retain and grow our key talent in the engineering team, allowing them to do their best work as we scale.
- Update and own the employer brand for Whereby.
- Ensure we take a data-centirc approach, where we can share key insights to leaders in the team.
- Contribute to defining a recruiting process to assess engineering talent, prioritising diversity.
- Work with leads in teams on delivering feedback, key processes, and cultural knowledge-gaps.
- Build people operational processes to ensure our teams are delighted.
- Manage applications and candidate experiences for our Marketing and Brand functions.
- You'll be working directly with the VP People, in a T-Shaped People team (meaning, no one is an admin, and we all have key specialisms)
- We expect you may have strong ambitions to move into a more senior role in the People team, perhaps one day running Employer Branding or Remote Events?
- We like to keep a lean team, we don't think it's a good fit for someone believes headcount is a metric for success, or has a short-term goal of managing.