We're searching everywhere for a new...
Product Marketing Manager - User Lifecycle (Contract)
“The purpose of business is to create and keep a customer.” - Peter Drucker
Whereabouts: We work from everywhere within CET +/- 5 hours
Interviews: Around 3-4 hours over a few weeks, including some practical work
Salary: €200-350 per day freelancing
Reporting to: Rory, Our Senior Product Marketer
Ask us anything: email@example.com or check out our FAQ for candidates here
Your mission at Whereby*
To define and execute Whereby's user lifecycle strategy across all marketing and communication channels.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 60 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Marketing at Whereby
The Marketing team at Whereby is working together to reach the company’s marketing and growth goals. From creating engaging content to managing user lifecycle campaigns, the team is setting the standards for how SaaS brands interact with their users. The Marketing team is currently having a lot of fun developing and implementing the marketing strategy, as well as working on increasing brand awareness, establishing product positioning and driving customer growth.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Product Marketing Manager
We're looking for someone who has experience with creating a demand for a product through effective positioning, messaging and marketing initiatives. You are executional and strategic and at the same time customer obsessed and want to be a champion for the customers.
You may be just the right person if others have described you as a Product Marketing Manager who embodies the below competencies...
- Empathetic and people-centric
Your previous experience
We are prioritising attitude, aptitude, and the kinds of teams you've built in favour of years' experience. With that said, you may be a good fit if you...
- Are currently a Product Marketing Manager, or similar role,
- Have experience working with product marketing tactics,
- Have demonstrated success in positioning and launching products that meet and exceed business objectives,
- Have a deep understanding of a product life-cycle,
- Have experience with different CRM tools such as Intercom, Mailchimp and CMS softwares and Google analytics,
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Are a creative thinker with attention to details,
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role
🌟 How we'll measure your success
- Customer activation rate
- User conversion rate into paying customers
- Customer retention
- Email and CRM engagement
- Devise Whereby’s user life-cycle strategies across the funnel, from new user signup to retention and winback strategy.
- Redefine the way Whereby looks at customer success and be an internal champion for customer experience.
- Outline the different product messaging and user education we should be using at each step of the user journey.
- Collaborate with our support team to leverage their customer relationship experiences into proactive touch points in the customer journey.
- Optimize and build emails and notifications
- Performance analysis
- User insight research
- Creating content used in communications
- Regular meetings with customer support and product teams to ensure that processes and products are optimized in creating an incredible customer experience
- Overhauling user lifecycle across emails and notifications
- Automating Whereby's customer success manager communication
- Optimize our value proposition messaging across all communication channels.
- You'll be managing projects and working with our Senior Product Marketer, and the wider Marketing Team, in building an outstanding team.
- There are many good opportunities for career development, so we expect you to find your own development path.
- You'll learn a lot and will have the chance to try new things in many different areas.