We're searching everywhere for a new..
Customer Success Manager
“You can focus on adoption, retention, expansion, or advocacy; or you can focus on the customers' Desired Outcome and get all of those things.” - Lincoln Murphy
Whereabouts: We are looking for candidates between Pacific Time Zone (PT) and Central European Time (CET)
Interviews: Around 6 hours over a few weeks, including some practical work
Salary: 60,000-70,000£ OTE
Reporting to: Ashley Sachs, Director of Customer Support
Ask us anything: firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our FAQ for candidates here
Your mission at Whereby*
To be a trusted advisor and own the relationship with our Whereby Embedded customers by walking alongside users through their own unique journey of growth and success with Whereby on their own platforms.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 60 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Product & Engineering at Whereby
We strongly believe in the superpowers of a well-lead, and expertly designed engineering team. We are an engineering-centric business who hopes to scale our operation sustainably, with beautiful code, an ethical approach to our users and data, and an innovative opinion on new technologies in the market.
We try to ensure both that we are building the right thing and building the thing right. We analyse data, talk to users, prototype and iterate. We focus on discovering and solving user problems, not just building and shipping features. As a member of our engineering team you’ll take on a key role in this process and see your work be used by millions of users worldwide.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Customer Success Manager
We're looking for someone who has experience of working in an account management or customer success organization overseeing high spend accounts and achieving high retention, low churn KPI goals. You are passionate about seeing customers grow and succeed with Whereby and love exploring new automations and tooling to help establish a meaningful, authentic, and effective avenue of conversation for a growing customer base.
You may be just the right person if others have described you as a Customer Success Manager who embodies the below competencies...
- A self starter, not afraid of starting with a clean slate
- Commercial, with a product mindset
- Passionate about seeing customers grow and succeed
- Innovative and curious about technology
- Cross-cultural communicator
Your previous experience
We are prioritising attitude, aptitude, and the kinds of teams you've built in favour of years' experience. With that said, you may be a good fit if you...
- Are a current Specialist, Executive or Customer Success Manager
- See customer advocacy as a vital concept of the overall success of the customer experience and have a passion for connecting with customers to help influence process and product,
- Enjoy working in distributed teams with a high degree of autonomy,
- Are comfortable with utilizing APIs and coaching others in the best practices of using and managing workflows that involve their use,
- Have previous experience working on a scaling product with high numbers of daily active users,
- Proud to say you Are a really nice person with loads of ambition!
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role
🌟 How we'll measure your success
- Account Retention
- Account Revenue Expansion
- Quarterly OKRs
- Help build a customer success culture based on high-quality relationships, efficiency, data-driven discussions, innovation, business acumen, and diversity.
- Support our product-led strategy by ensuring a healthy customer success process built around customer needs
- Evangelize customer success internally and externally
- Take lead on customer success discussions in management and teams
- Bring forward product-elevating ideas to further our company (even if they challenge the status-quo).
- Work alongside our Directors of Sales, Support and Product Manager to define an optimal customer journey from point of sale, implementation, and continual growth.
- Help create best practices and methodologies for successful touch points throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Help build relevant metrics for the area of customer success at Whereby.
- Further improve our practices for contract renewals and customer health checks.
- Engage our users as the biggest influencers of the product.
- Execute best practices and methodologies in your engagement with customers
- Dive into customer churn data and translate results for success opportunities or product changes.
- Oversee contract renewals and perform customer health checks to help drive retention.
- Collect and respond to feature requests and feedback.
- Establish a proactive relationship with our Embedded customers that encourages growth of Whereby within their application and drives customer loyalty to the brand.
- You'll have a very independent role, reporting to the Director of Customer Support, but advising with the CEO, Exec. management and operational management team to build the kind of customer success culture you want to scale into the stratosphere.
- We expect you may have strong ambitions to become a lead for the team and explore growth opportunities as a people leader in Success.
You've already read all this way, you may as well Apply!